26. Juni 2006

University :o)

Tomorrow, I have to do an oral presentation. I know this sounds awful for some of you, but tomorrow will be a good one. Because I am doing a course called "Rock and its roots in the USA" this semester and this is quite fun and interesting.
We talked about Folk & Bluegrass at the beginning and moved on to Country. We looked at different aspects and did some behind the scenes research, i.e. up to now our tutor Hank did this for us ;o) At this moment a great shout to Mr. Henry Rademacher, it's pretty a cool seminar and quite interesting. I can impress my father now with background information on bands he was/ is listening to :oD.
But back to my presentation. I will talk about the favourite music in my teenage years: Hardcore Punk / Hardcore Metal (which is really confusing to divide though, that's why I will talk about both music styles in one). I'm not very into this music anymore, but it was great fun to listen to the old stuff again and to learn about the background and the reason why the guys did this stuff. Unfortunately I cannot upload my presentation (at least I do not know HOW to do it) on this page. Otherwise you could have read for yourself and listening to some songs on the internet. But if you want to have further information, or information about music, bands, songs in general got to: http://www.allmusic.com You willfind a lot of stuff there and it is great to snuff there around and to do some "name, oder band hopping" ;o)

That's it for today, guys. Take care of you and be nice :o)

Thorsten

3 Kommentare:

Meg hat gesagt…

Geeez, sound really funny: oral presentation :)

ICrossMyHeartAndHopeToDie hat gesagt…

Tztztztz, porkling ;o)

Meg hat gesagt…

Ich sagte 'FUNNY', nicht 'HORNY!' oder sowas *beleidigt gucks*