31. Mai 2007

WEST HAM United fans, I'm forever blowing bubbles

Before I leave to Düsseldorf with my team tomorrow early in the morning, there is a football song for you to sing and scream and whatever. See you on monday, hopefully!! ;o)



This is one of the greatest football anthems in history. The West Ham supporters sing it before every match. I'm sure you recognize the song from the movie (Green Street) Hooligans, sung by Elijah Wood and the G(reen) S(treet) E(lite). But there is also a recorded version from this song by a Punk band called Cockney Rejects. Click HERE to listen to this version.

If you can not understand the text, here it is:

The original lyrics per first publication.


Verse

I'm dreaming dreams,
I'm scheming schemes,
I'm building castles high.
They're born anew,
Their days are few,
Just like a sweet butterfly.
And as the daylight is dawning,
They come again in the morning.

Chorus

I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air,
They fly so high,
Nearly reach the sky,
Then like my dreams,
They fade and die.
Fortune's always hiding,
I've looked everywhere,
I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air.

Source: http://www.wikipedia.com

Keine Kommentare: